Final or Second year report to ARTES
When 2 and 4 years full-time studies have been carried out within the
project a report must be deliverd to the ARTES board. ARTES will
remind you a month in advance. The deliverables are
- Licentiate or PhD thesis in 9 copies, and one copy of the degree certificate (optional in case prologation is applied for, in that case send the publications in 9 copies)
- The report at most 3 pages containg the following information.
- A comparison between project plan and results, including description of updates or changes in research direction.
Any issue that you feel is important for ARTES to know. See evaluation criteria in project instructions for ideas.
- A short description of main achievements, and a brief statement about their academic, industrial impact and exploitation (potential).
- A list of publications from the project.
- A statement from the associated industries on
- a) potential impact and value of the produced results.
- b) the student's role in development of an industrial application or product.
- c) the associated industries role in the project and in the education.
A prolongation may be applied for at the same time. This should contain the following
- New application or update of previous application in case prolongation is applied for.
- see project instructions for application.
- Clearly state the expected nessessary time and activity level.
- Prolongation for up to 2 years may be given after a lic thesis but no longer than to 2002-12-31.
Furthermore, the project should be prepared to present its
results to the ARTES network on graduate student days or
summerschool or by giving seminars at different ARTES nodes.
As a response to your report you will receive
- A statement from ARTES board within six weeks.
- Possibility to get the reminding 20% of the funding, in case the report is approved. Alternatively, specific instructions for improvement of the report.
- Advice for exploitation (after final report) by ARTES board.
ARTES funding ends after the exam.
However, granted but unused funds may be used up to two months after the PhD or Licenciate exam. The exam date is when all demands to get the exam has been fulfilled which often is at the dissertation day.