- TATOO-Test and testability of distributed real-time systems
- Project no: A7-9805
- Hans Hansson
- Mälardalen University, Computer Engineering Department, MRTC
- Application as pdf, ps, support letter 1 from Volvo Construction Equipment Components AB, support letter 2 from Datex-Ohmeda AB (former Datex-Engström AB) and support letter 3 from Enator Teknik Mälardalen AB.
- Support: 1 PhD student for 1 years decided 98-06-03.
- Start 98-10-01 with Henrik Thane as PhD student.
- Reports: In ARTES annual report for 97-98, at ARTES RT-grad student day 99,
Report august 99 and 2 publications: RTSS99, RTCSA99.
- Final report 2000-12-14
- Project web: http://www.mrtc.mdh.se/projects/tatoo/
- Nils-Erik Bånkestad Nils-Erik.Bankestad@volvo.com
- Volvo Construction Equipments Components AB
- Dept. TUE
- Project 1: Incremental Iterative Static Scheduling
- Project 2: TATOO-Test and testability of distributed real-time systems
- Project 3: Embedded Databases for Embedded Real-Time Systems
- Mårten Larsson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Datex-Ohmeda AB
- Project 1: TATOO
Test And Testability Of
Distributed Real-time Systems
- Project 2: RATAD,
Reliability And Timing Analysis of Distributed systems
- Mikael Gustafsson email@example.com
- Enator Teknik Mälardalen AB
- Project: TATOO-Test and testability of distributed real-time systems
The goal of the research is to develop methods and tools for testing
debugging of distributed real-time systems (DRTS). The ambitions are
develop testability metrics and design rules for high testability of
Theoretical and practical results with regard to testing and
distributed real-time systems are next to non existent. Research is
of significance to both academia and industry.
Results and contributions
Tools have been produced that implements the results in papers 1-3 and a real-time kernel that provides the necessary infrastructure for the results in papers 4 and 5 are in the works.
One PhD thesis is in preparation for disseration in May 2000.
Henrik Thane, PhD Thesis, Monitoring, Testing and Debugging of Distributed Real-Time Systems, Mälardalen University/KTH
The results of the project are conveyed to the industry in several courses, both at the university and directly to industry people.
- Henrik Thane. Design for Deterministic Monitoring of Distributed Real-Time Systems. Technical Report, November 1999.
- Henrik Thane and Hans Hansson. Deterministic Replay for Debugging of Distributed Real-Time Systems. In Proc. IEEE 12th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems, June 19-21, 2000, Stockholm.
- Henrik Thane. Monitoring, Testing and Debugging of Distributed Real-Time Systems. Stockholm 2000
Doctoral Thesis, Mechatronics Laboratory, Department of Machine Design, Royal Institute of Technology, KTH, Stockholm,
Sweden. ISSN 1400-1179. ISRN KTH/MMK/R--97/17-SE. MRTC Report 00/15.
- Henrik Thane and Hans Hansson. Towards Systematic Testing of Distributed Real-Time Systems. In Proc. 20th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symp. Phoenix, Arizona , December 1999. IEEE Computer Society Press.
- Henrik Thane and Hans Hansson. Handling Interrupts in Testing of Distributed Real-Time Systems. In Proc. 6th International Conference on Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA'99), Hong-Kong, December 1999.
- Henrik Thane and Hans Hansson. Towards Deterministic Testing of Distributed Real-Time Systems. In Swedish National Real-Time Conference SNART'99, August 1999.