- Pre-Implementation Analysis of Distributed Control Systems -
- Project no: 0005-18
- Martin Törngren, Ola Redell and Jan Wikander
- Royal Institute of Technology, Department of Machine Design, Division of Mechatronics (DAMEK)
- Application and support letter from SAAB Automobile AB
- Comments by evaluators.
- Support: 1 PhD student for 2 years decided 00-06-16.
- Start: 2000-09-01 with Ola Redell as PhD student.
- Reports: First-year-report 2001-07-16
- Kenneth Lind firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAAB Automobile AB
- Project 1: Functional Integration and Interference in Embedded Control Systems
- Project 2: Pre-Implementation Analysis of Distributed Control Systems -
project focuses on analysis of implementation effects of distributed control systems.
One goal has been to develop an analysis method for distributed real-time systems
and connecting it to the analysis of control system performance. The analysis method
is to give tight estimations of timing performance important for the control behaviour,
including response times and jitter (variations) in the release and response
periods. Another goal is to provide a tool-set for evaluation of control system performance,
connecting the analysis method to a control simulation environment in
which control related effects can (and are normally) studied by control engineers.
The development of the first close-to-complete
version of the AIDA tool-set is to be finished by the end of July 2001.
We have established an industrial reference group for the projects Picador and
AIDA including representatives of the companies Volvo Wheel Loaders, Bombardier
Transportation, Arcticus Systems, Saab and Combitech.
Redell, O. Response Time Analysis for Implementation of Distributed Control Systems. Mechatronics Lab, Department of Machine Design, Royal Institute of Technology, S-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden, TRITA-MMK 2003:17, ISSN 1400-1179, ISRN KTH/MMK/R--03/17--SE. 2003.
- Ola Redell, Jad Elkhoury and Martin Törngren. AIDA II Automatic control in distributed applications. ARTES Graduate Student Conference 2000.
- Martin Törngren , Jad Elkhoury, Ola Redell, Martin Sanfridson.
Modelling and Simulation of Embedded Computer Control Systems: Problem
formulation, Technical report, Mechatronics lab, Dept. of Machine Design,
KTH. TRITA-MMK 2001:3, ISSN 1400-1179, ISRN KTH/MMK 01/3-SE
- Martin Törngren and Ola Redell, A Modelling Framework to support the design and analysis of distributed real-time control systems.
J. of Microprocessors and Microsystems 24 (2000) 81-93.
- Ola Redell and Jad El-Khoury. Summary of Meetings at SAAB Automobile in
Trollhättan. Internal report. Damek, KTH, July 2000